Windsor Bottle Shop
3 Fonteinen 2022 Winter US Exclusive Pack
Regular price $175.00
This pack is available exclusively on this site and both Windsor Homebrew Supply Co physical locations
This pack of 6 x 750 ml will include:
- Oude Geuze 20|21 Blend 79 – A very old geuze, with 50% of the blend being more than three years old at the time of bottling (including 10% at more than four years) and a bit of Acacia honey added during blending.
- Doejsel 19|20 Blend 85 – A rare batch of Oude Geuze that never refermented due to the very high proportion of old lambikken used in the blend – this bottling is still “dozing.” As much as we love a lively geuze, the lack of carbonation helps the nuance and white wine character to shine.
- Cuvée Miel 20|21 Blend 67 – A very special version of our Oude Geuze Cuvée Armand & Gaston, with each of the 1-, 2-, and 3-year-old lambikken infused with honey on the koelschip. The end result is a bone dry, very unique blend of 100% 3 Fonteinen-brewed lambikken.
- Nocturne 21|22 Blend 48 – Not a lambik at all, but instead, our spontaneously fermented take on a Vlaamse Oud Bruin. This beer was brewed with 100% barley malt, of which a large proportion was roasted malts. After four years in the barrel, we ended up with a dark, dry, lightly sour, and very complex version of the classic style.
- Zenne y Frontera 20|21 Blend 53 – Finally, this pack will feature two new blends of Zenne y Frontera. Blend 53 was aged in Amontillado, Oloroso, and Palo Cortado barrels. The average weighted age at the time of bottling was nearly 2½ years, with no young lambik added.
- Zenne y Frontera 20|21 Blend 66 – This particular blend of Zenne y Frontera is in fact a geuze, with 1-, 2-, and 3-yr lambikken aged in Amontillado, Fino, and Oloroso barrels before blending and bottling. One of those barrels had previously been charred, giving this blend a very lightly smokey/peaty, totally unique character.